View My Stats

Monday 28 March 2011

And now it is Monday

I hit the same space-time continuum upset as Golfy this weekend, but in reverse.  I thought my weekend would never end.

It was Maggot 1's birthday and he had 4 friends, count them please, one, two, three, four, for a day of rock-climbing*, football and sweet-eating followed by a sleep-over.  Barely contained chaos.  The final straw was going in at 10pm to be told they had set their alarms (in the plural in case you missed it) for midnight so they could actually have a midnight feast.  Managed to persuade them to bring forward catering arrangements and some kind of DS- and sugar-fueled sanity was restored.  
We asked their parents to come pick them up at 9.30am, which with the clocks going forward was pretty early, but we really really needed it to be that time.  Nuff said.
I also managed to finish the painting of the outside of the french doors, over a couple of well-planned sessions on Saturday and Sunday.  Have decided to pause the internals and wait for the re-decorating of the whole room once the building is completed.



============================
* I can report, with some pride, and whole lot more surprise, that even despite my worsening "weight to strength" ratio, I had a go and actually did pretty well, reaching the top of the climbing wall on both of my climbs.  Can barely use my arms and legs today of course.

No comments: