View My Stats

Thursday 22 March 2012

Is it Thursday already?

This is my first day working from home, and I have to say that it was all the more stressful for being so.  Thursday and Friday are the days LO has to leave the house by 7.30am - not so early I hear you cry - however we are going through a phase* of not getting up early enough, which makes the get ready routine a very stressful time for all.

Needless to say, the Maggots were delivered to the breakfast club at 7.42am and Scobi was able to get on with breakfast and work.  I have stopped the pain killers today in an attempt to wean myself off the drugs, and so far the cold turkey is not so bad.  The shoulder is aching a bit, but that may well be due to 3 days of driving this week, so I am hoping that I can stop them and feel no adverse effects.  That will then mean I just need the physio to get it back to full working order, and make sure I treat it more gently in the future.

I have Friday afternoon and Monday off, so will have a lovely long weekend.  I had planned a sports massage for tomorrow, but was not sure whether I should go or not with my shoulder, so I rang for advice, which came back much stronger than I had expected.  "I wouldn't touch you with a barge pole.  In fact, my insurance would be invalid if I did".  That sorted that then.

Better get back to work to try and close down all the lose threads that are dangling.

Have a good one, and speak again tomorrow.


--------------------------------------
* a phase that started in our teenage years

No comments: