View My Stats

Friday 5 June 2015

And . . . relax

The weeks have become slightly blurred of late.  Friday's seem to appear with speedy regularity, as do their less attractive cousin Monday.  Which means there is not really a lot to say about the one that has nearly completed.

I have not been well this week, suffering I think with the virus that Maggot 2 and LO both had.  I sense I am coming out the other side of it now, which is rather good since being ill sucks. 

So, what can I tell you about the last five working days.  It has all been a bit "sausage machine" if you know what I mean.  Solution in, solution done, escalation, solution out, solution in, solution done, escalation, solution out . . .   You get the picture.

As you know, Maggot 2 plays football for a local team now, and one of the dads mentioned last time that they are planning a dads' match.  This sounds interesting, and I am keen to play, since I have realised a couple of very important things:
  • I still love the idea of playing football
  • playing so much with the Maggots, my eye is still in, a bit
  • I am woefully, and I really do mean woefully, unfit.

This last point is something that I am starting to address.  I am doing what I think is rather grandly called "interval training", or in my case, one-minute jobs back from school run, and I also plan to add in some early evening sessions, ideally with LO if I can drag her sorry ass out.

I am also doing daily exercises first thing for my back, and also a bit for vanity.  I am doing a mixture of back exercises, yoga, stretches, sit-ups and press-ups.  It is a little routine I do in about ten minutes, to generally keep my back supple, to strengthen my core, which will help the lower back, oh, and to enhance my guns so I look buff.

The last one may be both an exaggeration and bluff.  As you know, us body-building types are full of swagger and not much else.

It is a quiet weekend; football Saturday, no match Sunday and other than that, nothing else in the diary, which is exactly what I need.

I hope you have a great weekend, and speak next week.

No comments: