View My Stats

Friday 13 January 2017

Things are hotting up

This week work has really started to pick up.  I have travelled (three hour round trip) three times this week, and a number of my deals are actually going somewhere.  In fact, I have even had to attend one of those "I cannot do all this" calls with various interested parties.  This makes a difference from just before Christmas, and while my "get a lot of stuff done" muscles need a little working, it is good to be busy, and I now just need to ensure that I am also effective.

Our home life is extra busy as a result.  This is OK, but it does mean that certain things are not getting done.  Nothing life-threatening, but things like not putting out the rubbish last week, which was extra full from Christmas.  Luckily, my parents, who did visit the UK over Christmas, had an empty bin, so it was a simple case of transferring the bags from our bin to theirs.  Of course, when I say "simple", I mean messy and smelly and just a little bit squidgy, however the deed is done, the bin is empty (enough) and equilibrium has been re-established.

My dry January is continuing without any risk of failure, though we are at a party this Saturday.  My intention is to drive and not drink, and that combination should be enough to ensure I succeed.  I will probably drink G&T without the G, which should get me through the evening.  It will be an interesting experience being the only sober person in the room.

On the home front, we have a football fiesta this weekend; the usual Maggot 2 practice Saturday and game Sunday, plus us three lads are off to the (soon to be) mighty Fratton Park for another dose of first class* football.  Hopefully it will be third time lucky, and we win this game.  It is going to be between four and six degrees, so we will be wrapping up warm, and my long johns may also get an airing, but don't tell anyone.

On that note, I would like to wish you a great weekend, and speak next week.


========================================
* ahem, FIRST class???

No comments: