View My Stats

Thursday 1 July 2010

Some days it just doesn't quite hang together

I always like to try and make my titles relevant.  Pity really because I am mostly known for my squirrel-like tendencies, but this one is hopefully going to point the way to that which I am about to write.  It reminds me of the story about the green pygmy and the bottle of Cherryade.  But I digress.

So this is how today went wrong.  I had originally booked for only two nights.  On the first night, I asked if I could book for the third night, and was told, after the front desk personageness wandered behind the screen to "talk to her supervisor", that her supervisor also said no.  I asked again the next morning, and was told the same.  I then tried to book the following week for three nights, and was told the supervisor would ring me.  She didn't.  When I checked that evening, having just managed to book a different hotel via the Starfleet hotel booking system, I checked again to see if the following week had been booked.  It had not, but the third night had.  Doh!  So I ring the other hotel, cancel my night there, and sit back to relax in the knowledge that my razor would still be on the shelf when I returned.

After a pizza and a couple of beers with a colleague, I returned to the hotel.  Do I take the red pill, or do I take the blue.  I tried the red pill and decided to go straight to the room to see if my stuff was still there.  The key didn't work, so back down to reception to try the blue pill.  "My key does not work," I said to the personageness on front desk.  "I need to check with my supervisor," she said.  Off she trotted round the back of reception to speak to the said supervisor.  I should add at this stage that having just travelled the Central line, which is hotter than Hades, I was hot, bothered and tired.  Back comes the supervisor to sort it out, and my key was thus programmed to let me in to my room.  "I am slightly concerned that I will enter the room to find someone else asleep," I said.  "I will accompany you if you like," the supervisor said.  I said I did like.  So she accompanies me, I put the key card in the door, and guess what.  There were two people at it.  Is probably what you are thinking.  Luckily all my stuff was there, and as a parting gesture the supervisor offered me a bottle of wine for my trouble.  Chateauneuf du Pape, I suggested.  Chateau La Gasparde 2001, bottled especially for Guoman is what I got.


R
e
s
u
l
t
!
!
!
!

No comments: