View My Stats

Monday 28 February 2011

That was the weekend that was

I had a very productive weekend.  David came over mid afternoon on Saturday to help with the removal of the innards of our utility/study/store room area, and we have a very productive couple of hours taking down two of the three stud partitions.  This was a job for the persuader*, the claw hammer and Big Bertha**.  The maggots had a go with the claw hammer making pointless but fun holes in the plasterboard walls, whilst the men did real man's work ripping stuff down.

By the end of the session, the whole area was covered on bits of door frame, lumps of four-by-two and a mass of small and large bits of plasterboard.  Oh, and they insulated, of that is not insulting the world of insulation, with sheets of polystyrene, which were singularly useless, and collectively no better, and which made one hell of a mess.

The next day was the clear up, and Maggot 1 helped me sort first the polystyrene out from the rest, to fill up the back of the Punto, seats down, and to take to the tip.  Next trip was for all the plasterboard, which did make one hell of a mess of the Punto.  Scobi is gonna be hoovering soon me thinks.  Finally, all the ripped up laminate flooring.  I did wonder whether I could Freecycle this, but in the end speed won out and the tip it was.  I did Freecycle a fridge, a shelving unit, a computer desk and a door, so hopefully they will go soon.

Have to spend today working, but the builders will be here early to start and I for one cannot wait.  Maggot 2 asked whether they would still be here when he got home from school, so I think he may be a bit excited also.


==========================
* The crowbar
** My biggest, and best, cross-head screwdriver

No comments: