View My Stats

Thursday 3 March 2011

That was the week that wasn't

So, this week should have been busy on the work front as I wade in to my high priority work.  Instead, Monday saw me visiting the local GP and departing same with a prescription for antibiotics, and getting through to about 4pm before I had to throw in the towel and retire to bed.  There I stayed for 3 days, give or take a visit to the toilet and to the fridge - not flu then coz the appetite was unaffected - until this evening, when, having given myself a long hard look, I am contemplating that I really need to get back to work tomorrow.  Work will be piling up, and I need to be reintroduced to polite society sooner or later, so might as well be tomorrow.  It gives me a day to get my feet back under the desk, so that I can then hit the ground running next week, and I may even run the flag up the pole to see who salutes, but only to get a full house on wotsit-word Bingo.

By the way, the illness is chest infection, which for me meant a bucket of phlegm a day and a general feeling of grottiness, with a large dose of coughing thrown in to give me a sore throat and a sore head. 

On another front, our builders have started, and by gum they don't hang around.  We are at the end of day four and the foundations are laid, and the existing wing stripped or all stud partitioning, roof plasterboard and laminate flooring.  It don't half look big stripped out, and after hours myself and LO did get the tape measure out to work out where everything was going to be sitting, and we were left with smiles.

I also managed to move the phone and broadband link from in to the old study in to the under-stairs study, as a temporary fix.  The end game will be to have this in my new study, at the end of the stripped space, about 1.5m away from where it is now, once that is actually built.  

We now have the washing machine outside, and the fridge and dryer at the end of the kitchen.  It is like a white-goods squat.  Roll on 3 months time.

Until we meet again.

No comments: