View My Stats

Thursday 10 March 2011

Correction

I told you the other day that my builder was chopping out bricks in the existing house to key in the new brickwork.  I was wrong.  He was simply getting back to the bare brick (our house is rendered) to screw on metal strips from which metal protrusions are put to key in to the pub layer of the new brickwork.  I sincerely apologise for this construction faux pas, and also for my fickle nature, since already I prefer this method.  My builder tells me it is "bloody good", so thank goodness that we are not doing it that old way.

One unexpected, for us at least, aspect of all this banging is that the wall to which the right side in to which our existing patio doors used to screw is no longer there.  It is secure with bolts the size of my pinky top and bottom, so security is not likely to be an issue, but I can see daylight through the crack.  Some may mourn the sad decline and eventual demise of these patio doors, but not us.  The day they are removed, and either carted to the tip, given away on Freecycle or sold on eBay (depending on their condition, and whether I can be @rsed) is the day that we will be rolling out the bunting.  And in line with LO's strategy for often buying stuff we didn't know we needed, and certainly don't use, we have some rather fetching bunting in the loft ready for that day. 

1 comment:

Stretch Armstrong said...

I think we should have a photo diary to see your extension grow!