View My Stats

Friday 18 March 2011

And . . . relax

Well, another week nearer 't' grave.  

Had a good chat with Bad Man today.  Life in the new troop of Starfleet brings with it both good and bad, but the good is better and the bad is tolerable.  I would call that some kind of success.  Combine that with newly plastered bedroom ceiling, the oak linen cupboard on the upstairs landing, a bit of homemade bacon (only one butty now Golfy) and you have something like the perfect formula.  If I wore a hat, I would take it off to him.

The steels arrived today, and I have it on good authority, myself being otherwise occupied, that they were flippin'* heavy.

The skylight also arrived today.  Now I know how to read a tape measure, so I know what one metre looks like, and I am pretty sure two metres is about double that, but somehow when you see a skylight that is one metre by two metres, it don't 'arf look big.  In fact, we have probably halved our roofing bill just by putting this in.

It is Red Nose Day today, so we will be eating hot dogs (double onions and ketchup for me) and watching some of the show, until Maggot 2 falls asleep and Maggot 1 gets so fidgety there is only one place for him.

Have a good weekend.  Speak next week.



=========================================
* I also have it on good authority that this was not the word used.

No comments: