View My Stats

Monday 7 March 2011

That was the weekend that was

Terrible news.  My title re-use quotient is through the roof.  I must get some originality pills forthwith.  Or if not, I guess I can always plagiarise some.

I have a fantastic weekend, thanks for asking.  The weather was dry, and at times sunny, and whilst a little cold, much fun was had, and no discomfort felt.  There is nothing better for a chap than a morning that starts egg bap and a cup of tea in the 'van with his wife and mates.  Well there is, but not in this price bracket, nor at this time of year.  Within the limiting criteria open to a chap, he likes to think he has made a good fist of things.

Next trip will be with Brad and Angelina to a place that I cannot name, but think of a place with swings and slides, that is not at the edge, and you may not too far from the place.  Myself and Maggot 1 will be able to try out our Christmas presents of fishing rods.  I like a well structured package, and our kits are just that.  Telescopic rods, compact reels (spare spool for me), little float, rubber, weight and hook set, all in an over-the-shoulder bag.  Just give me a loaf of bread and I could be happy for several hours.  The lake itself stocks Carp predominantly, Common, Mirror and Crucian, and they are my favourite fish.  Just for Golfy, coz I know he loves a stat or two, the UK record weight for these are probably:

  • Common Carp - 67lb 6oz - for Two Tone, who sadly passed last year
  • Mirror Carp     - 61lb 7oz
  • Crucian Carp    - 4lb 2oz
So the trick is obviously to catch a Common or Mirror Carp, paint it Crucian colour, and claim the UK, and possibly world, record.

Having bored even myself half to death, and with Bad Man telling tales of trans-Atlantic travel and re-plastered ceilings and Golfy about the hot tub his daughter's mates are coming round to use, I think it is time to sign off.  Until next time.

No comments: