View My Stats

Friday 15 February 2013

And . . . relax

Another week draws to a close, and a chap is left pondering what lasting good has come from it.

On this Friday, I have reason to be quite chipper.  I am now over my illness, a good five pounds lighter, with half term ahead of us, including four days in the 'van down at Lytton Lawns.  I also managed to spend an hour and a half at LO's school giving them some advice on IT.  They actually have a very tidy little setup, and with the plans they have to upgrade servers and to avail themselves of the services of a local support organisation, including cloud backup, I would say they are starting from a strong position with clarity as to where they need to take it next.  In fact, I was slightly concerned at one stage that I could add no value, however I was able to advise on the specifics of the server specification, the UPS and the proposed new racking, and also was able to validate all the decisions that have already been made, and that apparently was exactly the kind of help they wanted.  So, a happy customer, and a good sense of well-being from a job well done, and possibly even one of those rare events; a selfless act.  Sadly, as Phoebe* concluded, the fact that I had pleasure from helping probably discounts it as 100% selfless.

On other news, I have now arranged two dates for fishing with Brad, one as our primary date, the second just in case we have to call off the first due to bad weather.  It is easier for both of us to book and work round two dates, and then cancel one, rather than book only one then try to panic book a second if the first is cancelled.  This meets one of my key working rules; get the holidays in the diary as soon as you can, so you get first dibs.

This weekend is fairly normal.  We likely have David and Samantha and associated Maggots over for an afternoon and evening, to celebrate David's birthday, and "just because" as well.

We also need to start planning for the 'vannin' trip, which will include me swapping over the winter awning for the summer awning.  I know it is not actually summer yet, but we are there for four nights, so need the space, and the trip after this one will be solidly into Spring.

Have a great weekend, and speak in just over a week, unless I get to blog from my phone, which is a possibility.  I may even post a picture of the 'van**.

================================
* from Friends, where they had a whole episode on whether a selfless act could actually be done
** I know, exciting...

No comments: