View My Stats

Friday 26 February 2016

End of week three . . .

. . .  and still only been in the office once.  Planning a visit next week, to meet up with some new starters who are also ex Starfleet, and hopefully also to meet my buddy.

I have continued to educate myself.  Passed the security exam, failed the managed workplace exam, and may try again if get the time.  Only need to pass one major, and I did my Cloud exam successfully last week, so this is all gilding the lily, thought my buddy did mention that he had heard that the exces are considering making it a rule that we pass ALL the major exams, so maybe I do need to do it now, while I have the time.

Otherwise, not much to report.  Maggot 2's team had a magnificent victory in the cup last Sunday, beating one of the best teams in the league on penalties.  Our goalie has been making noises that he might not want to be a goalie any more, possibly due to the complete lack of action in the last few games when we have won with stupidly high scores.  Having become the hero of the last game, I am hoping he may change his mind, especially as he is at the Brighton Academy as a keeper.

We have lunch for 21 on Sunday, as part of our social group's "monthly get togethers", and it will likely be fully of food, chat, and drink, and Sunday afternoon/evening and Monday may be pretty difficult for us all.  Oh well, you are only young once, or so I seem to recall.

Have a great weekend, and speak next week.

No comments: