View My Stats

Monday 27 June 2011

Whether the weather be hot....

The sun is shining, for the second day in a row.  When we were in April, the sun shone for a couple of weeks, and the UK started to resemble a Mediterranean country.  When I say that, I mean of course that it was hot, the roads were melting and the Union Jack shorts and vest tops were out in force.  Now I am a great fan of the vest top, however I have concluded that, as a rule, they look better on women than men.  Now shoot me for being gender-baised, and of course rules are there to be broken, and round here they often are with even the bulldogs having tatoos, but I digress.  I was talking about April, and a fine month it was too.

Since then we have had plenty of rain.  And of course on the weekend of Wimbledon and Glastonbury, it is the law for it to rain.  So what a shock it was yesterday to be so hot I didn't know what to do with myself.  So I found some shade and blew the froth off a cold one.

Now I am back to work, looking out the window, which is wide open to catch any small breeze going, looking at the sunny vista and listening to those eternally chipper birds and their infernal song.  I even have my top off (steady ladies) and am still too hot for words.

Oh well, at least we are past the longest day, and are now on the long and inexorable slope down to the short days and long nights of winter.

And on that note, I bid you a happy week, until we meet again...

No comments: