View My Stats

Thursday 13 February 2014

Mixing

Some of you may know that one of my hobbies is remixing.  I search for likely tracks on a remix website, and go for any that take my fancy.

Over the last few months, I have remixed an old Tears for Fears track, a relatively (to me anyway) obscure Moby track, and the most bizarre of the lot, the Deutsches Symphonie Orcheter Berlin rendition of Antonín Dvořák - Symphony No. 9 [3rd Movement].

Now I know that a journey of a thousand mixes must start with the first rejection, and that Edison had 20,000 steps to success with the light bulb, but dammit man, it would be nice to do something people actually like.  As an example, the Dvorak has had 315 plays and ONE LIKE.  The Tears for Fears has had 135 plays and 2 votes, and they are only from people who have obviously decided I won't win, so are voting for me so I vote for them, since votes get you to the top of the queue, and that gets you in the eyes, and ears, of the judges.

A lesser chap might start to consider taking this in as constructive criticism, and maybe I could have a go at blaming my equipment (old desktop with average sound card etc etc etc), however in truth, I do enjoy it, and by entering the competitions it does give me access to vocal tracks that I can use, and abuse, in my remixes, so I suspect I shall continue ploughing my lonely farrow in the hope that, when I am dead, I am proclaimed as the next George Martin or something.

No comments: