View My Stats

Friday 6 March 2015

And . . . relax

The second round of redundancies kicked in yesterday, so there were a few notes flying round from colleagues, saying what a great time they have had, what great people they have worked with, etc. etc. 

It is always a bit of a fraught time.  Those going obviously need to be polishing off their CVs and getting out there, and those being left behind carry on as if nothing has happened, albeit we know that things will be a bit more difficult as a result of fewer troops in the ranks.

Of course, for some, this also offers opportunity, including me.  I pinged one of my contacts, asking if anything had moved, to be told that nothing could move until after yesterday*, but that my name was on a list.

That is all I need to hear for now. 

This weekend, we start with a back-stage tour of the Festival Theatre.  LO keeps dropping suggestions to the Maggots about either getting in to acting, or sound/lights back of house, so maybe this will be a catalyst to getting them interested.  if not, it will be an interesting experience, and one to which I am very much looking forward.


I also hope to get down to the 'van to carry out a couple of modest repair jobs.  The corner seals at the back on both sides has cracked (surprising when it is non-drying mastic) so needs replacing.  Also, one of the bed slats has broken - Maggots, trampoline, say no more - so I need to reinforce and No Nails that.

Finally, we have a night in, which is just what the doctor ordered.  A bit of vegging out, and also watching one of our films**.  We watched The Equaliser last night**, and have The Grand Budapest Hotel tonight.


I hope you have a great weekend, and speak next week.

=====================
* both bad show, and also questionable legally, to be filling new roles whilst those on death row are still in the organisation
** LO had a mad five minutes, and has enrolled in one of the "mail out two DVDs at a time" services, can't remember which one, so we are starting to catch up on some films
*** Six out of ten.  I liked the "arty bollox" but not the big violence scenes, LO did not even like the arty bits

No comments: