View My Stats

Thursday 22 April 2010

Its gramah innit

I must just thank my good friend, colleague and fellow blogger Golfy for his useful advice on the correct use of just about everything.

To be honest, most of it went over my head, but I smiled sweetly, nodded my head at what I thought was the correct moment, and am pretty sure I got away with it. I have made a mental note to allot some time to reading much less of what Golfy writes. And I mean that a lot.

Here's a joke for Golfy. I am sure he will love it.

A Texan professor and an Oxford professor are chilling at a conference bar. The Texan professor, bored, looks to the Oxford professor and strikes up a conversation.
"So there partner, where y'all from?"
Oxford professor replies, pushing his glasses to his nose: "Well, in reply to your query, I hail from Oxford. In addition, where I come from, we never end our sentences in a preposition."
The Texan professor blinks once, shrugs his shoulders and drawls, "My apologies! What I mean to say is 'where y'all from, a$$hole?'"

(I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of partly obscuring the obscenity, and hope that this has not lessened, or is it reduced, your pleasure)

No comments: