View My Stats

Friday 12 November 2010

Silence, Part 2

I have now concluded my experiment on silence, by not blogging for several days, and I think you will agree it was an astounding success.  We obviously weren't able to influence the G20 with our meditative silence, and nor were we able to pull out the winner for Pompey on Tuesday night, but our well-being has been much improved by the silence. 

I have drawn this conclusion from Golfy, who emailed me to say that "not having to read your blog has improved my week".

So I find myself, with the sort of cyclic monotony that could drive a chap insane, at another Friday, or And Relax day as we now know it.  It is the end of week three on my new jaunt, and while the 3 hour round trip commute is bum-numbing, the actual challenge and environment is very much to my liking.  I believe I am experiencing the "a change is as good as a rest" phenomenon, and long may it continue.  It is also nice to have a whole bunch of new recruits, many eager to learn the ways of the Starfleet, who are hungry for information and advice, since by giving said advice it is making me see the good bits of Starfleet again.  Which is nice.

Other than that, Maggot 1 has a cub sleep over followed by Remembrance Sunday parade and we are off to a jazz evening followed by meal for two, but other than that we have nothing on and so I am very much looking forward to just being at home.

No comments: