View My Stats

Monday 8 November 2010

Silence

So, I thought I would garner your opinion on silence.  

There is not much of it about these days, but there has been quite a lot of it being discussed on TV.  What may or may not have been the catalyst for this is John Cage's Four Minutes Thirty Three Seconds, which is definitely generating some discussion, which if you actually think about the concept makes it self-defeating.  

I have often pondered the sound of one hand clapping, so I am well versed in the ways of silence, and I guess it is quite amusing to consider the confusion in hairdressers up and down the country as they tune in half way through the "song".  I am only saying that the last thing I need when tuning in a radio is silence.

I myself have dabbled in reducing a form down to its minimum impact, in fact you can find my novel in most stationery stores in the country, in the A4 pad section.

I have reproduced the first chapter of this novel below.  Why not take 4' 33" to enjoy it.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.




No comments: