View My Stats

Friday 7 January 2011

And..... relax

It has been a short week I know, but I still feel like I have run a marathon or two.  I am not sure whether I am going to get used to this working lark. 

Now, please don't get me wrong, I know these are hard times and I know that most news items either start or end with "considering the current economic climate", but the truth is I always forget quite how debilitating the Christmas break can be.  Mince pies, falling asleep on the sofa, repeats on the telly, the annual family game of whatever the latest fad game is, which always ends in resentment and arguments, a mountain of presents and extreme cabin fever. 

I know we should go for walks and stuff, but there is rarely enough time between breakfast, mid-morning snack and lunch to fit in anything more than a hunt for the remote and the high-pitched squeal of bare foot meeting lego.  And I guess Bad Man for one will be breathing a sigh or relief, since I am one less "Christmas walker" for him to encounter.  Assuming he goes for a two hundred and fifty mile round trip walk from his house to mine.

All that is to say that it is hard to get back up to the speed required for normal life. 

Know what I mean?

No comments: