View My Stats

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Day 1 in the Scobi household

Day one is very much like day zero, day minus one and day minus two, except on this day I have to try and make it sound interesting. So here goes.

Bad night sleep, up at six, made toast for maggot number two, apple juice for maggot number one, and sat down to check the overnight email. This has become something of a standard start for me. It gets the worst of it out the way early, and then I can break for shower and getting the maggots off to school and nursery. On this day I was on the school run, which consists of leaving it all a bit too late, and then shouting several times for teeth, shoes, coat and lunch boxes. Today was made a bit worse because it is World Book Day, a day invented by someone who obviously doesn't have children, but a day that children themselves absolutely love. So on this day, day one, there was the additional cry of "have you got all the bits of your costume?" to which the answer was inevitably "has anyone seen my ...".
Now I am back at work and finishing a number of overrunning solutions. This means sitting in my little untidy office viewing the whole world through the seventeen inches of my PC screen (being a bit clever I plug my laptop in to my home keyboard, moose and screen, wey hey!). It is a strange working life spent on the end of a broadband connection.

Anyhow, back to work, the screen is shouting at me.

No comments: