View My Stats

Monday 29 March 2010

You are as old as you feel

And boy do I feel old today. The sleepover for maggot 1 and his 3 friends was a lovely evening, enjoyed by all. Pizza for tea followed by a swim followed by a film and a "midnight snack" and the little darlings were asleep by around 11pm. Unbelievably, they were awake again at 5am, raring to go. This does seem rather naive in hindsight since it is well known that the young, unlike the older ones, do not wake up any later just because they went to bed later. Really not sure how that works, but it is undoubtedly the truth.
On the Saturday we went to How to Tame a Dragon in 3D. Now, as a fan of The Good Doctor (see previous posts for details if you don't know who this is) I was expecting the 3D to be a bit of a distraction. However, and this is twice now that I have disagreed with The Good Doctor, but I found the 3D to really enhance the film. It was a very enjoyable film, and the 3D really added to the experience. It may be our absolute fascination with all the Disney theme rides etc, but it did indeed seem a bit like a theme ride, with the scenes where the dragon flies up high then swoops down to the sea are really something. My guess would be that the Good Doctor would probably like film, but probably not the 3D. As I often say, film is art and art is subjective...

I am on a two-day week this week, with Wednesday and Thursday as holiday, Friday and Monday being Bank Holidays. Six days off, can't wait. My parents are home later tonight, and it will be lovely to see them. We already have a long list of baby-sitting dates for them, as well as a number of dates for them to come to us for meals. I am just praying that the weather stays good for them, since they do have high standards weather-wise.

No comments: