View My Stats

Friday 19 March 2010

750 Words and what do you get....

... another day older and deeper in debt.

So goes the old miner's song, where they sold their souls to the company store.

In the modern day reinterpretation of this old classic:

- Starfleet is playing the part of the company store
- Words are playing the part of 16 tons of coal
- Aging and Debt are playing themselves.

For further reference, please see the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteen_Tons

I have been nagged by my fellow blogger Golfy to do this blog, and his stinging words have forced me in to action.

I guess I should tell you a bit about Golfy. You can see his blog from the link to the left hand side of this page, and I urge you to read his blog because he makes you very glad you are not him. Only joking, he has a fine turn of phrase, and while I understand almost nothing he writes, I am sure it is all very interesting. I can tell you that he comes from the wild west, or Gloucestershire as we know it now, and he tinkles when he walks by virtue of his spurs, his unfeasibly large, um, insteps, and also due the large amount of small change that he carries in his pockets. The said small change is of course to put in his hat when he is busking, so that people passing think "boy, he must be good!". To be honest, once you have seen one naked tap dancer, you have seen them all, but he does have a neat trick where he can make his left nipple rotate clockwise while simultaneously making his belly button rotate anti-clockwise and his comb-over do the Hokey Cokey.
The other thing about Golfy is that he likes Apple Macs. If you don't know what these are, then all I can say is that they are basically like Swing-ball, but with a screen. He is a prodigious technical talent, which means that he provides free technical support for everyone from his mother-in-law to his mate's wife. And me.

So if you are trying to work out the relevance of 750 words, you can read more here http://750words.com/. This is what inspired me to start this blog, and the key message from it is that writing every day helps to clean the soul etc etc. It doesn't have to be anything very profound, just a stream of consciousness, sort of a sauna sweat session for the brain. Now you know this, I think you can see that I have taken the "does not need to be about anything in particular" bit very seriously, not least in this entry.

Well, all to say is have a lovely weekend and let's meet up again next week. I am off to see Traces, which is "A high energy, dazzling display of urban acrobatics". I am expecting Cirque de Soleil transported to the streets of Brixton, and will let you know whether I got that right or not on Monday.

ttfn.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

PMSL and before you ask, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acronyms_and_initialisms:_P#PM