View My Stats

Thursday 28 July 2011

It's a funny old world

Now, before I recount this tale, I need to say that where I live is a very nice place, both the geography of the place - don't tell anyone, or else they will all visit here, but the combination of the coastline and the inland hills means we have our own micro-climate that gives us the best weather in the country, fact - and also the architecture and clientele of the locale.

Having said that, I cannot vouch for every individual who chooses to live here either. 

So the tale starts two nights ago, when LO had to close the rear doors due to an unholy row going on in the gardens over the other side of the allotment behind our house.  The following day, LO and the maggots went on a picnic at a local park with school friends and associated helpers (aka parents).  At said picnic the full story was told, that the row was about a local man who had shot his neighbour's cat.  It was this event that caused the row the previous night.  The said man is what is known as "a nasty piece of work" and has done various unpleasant things to other neighbours in the past, and is generally viewed as someone not to get involved with, coz he is trouble.

Not a pleasant tale, and one I hope that the like of which will not be told often.  And I cannot believe that sentence is right.

No comments: