View My Stats

Monday 4 July 2011

The start of a whole new week

I am a great believer in recycling, and that includes my blog titles.  I hope you appreciate the frugality of what you are reading.

This week is starting with a bit of confusion over what our collective priorities are, and also confusion as to what our prioritisation process should look like.  This means that we don't know what we should be working on. 

Luckily, we have a manager on the call who is unencumbered by the reality of the coal face, so is able to see through the problem in a way that us mere mortals cannot.  We are all very grateful for her assistance in guiding us, as is proved by the many instant messages I have from colleagues also on the call, who are saying things like "what an inciteful mind" and "why didn't we think of that" and "we are so lucky that she is helping us see the error or our ways" and other such positive comments.

Now we just have to find a way of implementing her ideas, and deal with the feedback that will undoubtedly come back from our customer.

Now I have exercised my sarcasm gland, I feel ready for the week.  I hope yours is as well planned as mine will be.

No comments: