View My Stats

Friday 29 July 2011

And . . . relax

Don't you just love Fridays?  I do.  This Friday finds me executing on a well structured plan, doing some conference calls, helping uncle and father-in-law with worktops in between times, and keeping on top of my workstack.

We are planning to see David and Samantha this weekend, and will be having a BBQ on the beach, weather permitting, and looking at the forecast, it will permit.  Looking forward to a bit of summer fun with good friends, so the weekend is shaping up nicely.

Other than that, I will be doing, wait for it, DIY.  Things are progressing well, with my office now finished, and the rest of the extension getting there.  Some undercoat on one door and Satinwood on that and one of the other doors, and the woodwork painting is complete.  Just need to finish some little bits of skirting, that were waiting for other bits to finish.  Then the final piece will be to put the appropriate pelmet etc. around the sliding door to make it beautiful, and then were are all but there.  Oh, we still need to finish the downstairs shower, shower door and tiling, but that is something we can do at a bit more or a leisurely pace, although would still like it done before the holiday.

So, that is it really.  It seems like I have talked about nothing other than work and the extension, with a bit of real like slotted in now and then, and to be honest, that is basically the profile of my life just at the minute.  Which is why I am very much looking forward to taking myself away from this place and these things to a land where red wine is cheap, French bread is just called bread (well, pain or baguette anyway) and the sun always shines. 

Without wishing my life away, roll on.

No comments: