View My Stats

Friday 4 May 2012

And . . . relax

Hmm, the new interface does not seem to remember previous titles, so I have had to guess the title above.  I can only apologise to my OCD demographic if the full stops are not layed out quite how they should be.

This weekend is a long weekend, and that means a number of things:

  • It will rain
  • there will be a lot of adverts on TV for DIY stores
  • on Monday, between the hours of 9am and 5pm there will probably be at least one James Bond film showing on one or more channels
  • I will be doing a bit of DIY
  • on at least one of the evenings, Maggot bedtime will come quickly enough
as far as DIY goes, the second shower door package arrived yesterday, so it is just a matter of lining up my dad to help, and then we may finally be able to get our downstairs shower room completed.
If I haven't mentioned it before, the shower repair guy came last Saturday and did a fantastic job on the damage to the shower tray.  The front edge, that did have two large chunks out if it and a number of little dents where the shattered glass had fallen, is now perfectly smooth and white.  The repairs are invisible, and truth be told the finish is better than the original tray.  Result.  The work was predicted to take 2 hours, but actually too 5.5 hours, and in some weird way that I still do not fully understand, the engineer seemed to be implying that they could not charge anything further than the quote "without an upgrade".  From their perspective, maybe an upgrade was what was needed, but he did do that, and even refused a £20 I was happy to offer him as a thank you for taking so long to do such a good job at no further charge.

Otherwise, we are away the weekend at Brad and Angelina's to see them, of course, but also to visit the house used for the filming of Downton Abbey, really Highclere Castle.  I am hoping and expecting the usual warm welcome, and a slice of the best Cherry Sponge Cake this side of the Hairy Bakers.

I hope you enjoy your weekend as much as we definitely will.


No comments: