View My Stats

Friday 22 June 2012

Engerrrrrrrland

How could I have forgotten the football on Sunday?  I fall in to the 80% of the land who is able to forget history, and who is able to believe that we can actually win at each and every tournament we enter.

So, I predict a tough game, with Italy playing their usual defensive game (you cannot lose if you do not concede), and, for once, England playing something similar, although for England they will probably throw a few heart-in-mouth moments just to keep us entertained.  Sometime in the second half, just when people are starting to think about reaching for the remote, there will be some heroic goal scored, "on the break" in the vernacular of the sport.  This may be Rooney, but just as likely to be one of those young whippets we keep fed on raw meat and Alka-Seltzer.

Whatever the score, I predict an England win.  I may even try one of those ingame bets that the nice Mr Winston keeps telling me about.

Have a good weekend, and please, whatever you do, don't switch over, you will miss all the fun.

No comments: