View My Stats

Friday 8 March 2013

And . . . relax

Another very successful week nearly over, and an interesting weekend to follow.

We are meant to be going to my sister's new house on Sunday, and Sod's Law means that Maggot 2 has a bout of his usual non-specific viral type illness, so things are in the balance as to which of the Scobi clan will actually be visiting.  Here's hoping it is the full monty.

We are also out Saturday evening, with my parents baby-sitting and even acting as the taxi, which is wonderful.  Welcome back Scobi seniors.

Next week I am going fishing, taking a day off on Tuesday.  Now, I know that fishing in any location and in any weather is not everyone's idea of fun.  I can accept that.  However, if you happen to be someone who does like fishing, then going next Tuesday, on a day which is starting to look like it will be dry but very very cold, may still not be something that would particularly appeal.  I can accept that also.  Nevertheless, go I am, with Brad, and very much am I looking forward to a day with nothing but me, a rod, and the good company of Brad.  Quite what we will get to talk about for the many hours cannot possibly be determined, even by Brian Cox, however it will undoubtedly be a day full of chat and general camaraderie and fun.  I have even been doing a bit of research, asking Uncle Google and Aunty YouTube some very probing questions, only to get ten million answers in under a second.  I now know the main principles of winter fishing, and will just see whether or not I can actually put any of it to good use that enables me to actually catch something.  You see, cold weather does not do much for the fish, them going off their food a bit, and the lack of sun and week growth means the water is very clear, and both these facts means you need a particular approach, which involves ground-baiting with smelly and tasty stuff that has no food value, lest the little darlings eat all the groundbait and then go off their food, and using bait that is visible (sweetcorn for example) but ground-bait that is not (spooks the fish).  I can tell I have gone on too long, since eyelids are drooping.  Sadly for you, I shall be telling you all about it next week.

Have a good weekend, speak next week.

No comments: