View My Stats

Monday 16 January 2012

Black Monday

Today is, apparently, Black Monday; the worst day of the year, caused by a combination of bad/cold weather, post-Christmas poverty and over-weightedness, and not a lot to look forward to but cold and wet weather, likely snow and all its associated disruptions, and the odd cold or flu bout as the icing on the cake.

Looking out the window, it is quite cold - tick - and we are overdrawn - tick - and my trousers did feel a bit tight this morning - tick - but overall this Monday feels not so very different from any other Monday.  A small part of me is still wishing it was Sunday night, fair doos, but overall it is not so bad.

I guess it is the Emperor's Clothes Syndrome, where the very act of wishing it makes it so.  As the old saying goes "If you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right".  So I plan to make black the new white and look forward to a fantastic Monday full of joy and fun.  And yes, I have just had my Scobi-latte.

Only other news is poor old Maggot 2 had another bout of sickness.  He was very matter-of-fact about it, the first we know of it was the sound of heaving in the upstairs toilet, and the announcement "My tummy was feeling a bit funny, so I thought I was going to do that".  Needless to say it was muggins who had to clear the lumps out the sink, but then we all have our roles in life.

Have a good week and speak again soon.

No comments: