View My Stats

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Happy New Year

I am expecting to be saying this a lot over the next few days, as I slow make contact with all my regular colleagues.  It is always nice to catch up with friends and colleagues but that is a very small positive set against a fairly heavy negative that is returning to work, having to wake up and get up earlier, making school lunches and all the other stuff that the real world needs us to do.

We had a fantastic break.  It included all the usual stuff, and in addition it included a large amount of doing nothing.  As a family, we have an incredible capacity for doing nothing, and we put that talent to very good use.  We caught up on a number of films that were either recorded on the Humax (beautiful piece of equipment, if you are interested) or received as presents.  The Maggots spent plenty of time mastering a Super Mario Brothers on the Wii, and the three of us also got stuck in to FIFA 2012, which has some good improvements over the 2009 version we had previously.

I also managed to eat my body weight in food every day, and therefore start the new year on the annual diet, which starts on January 1st and runs until December 31st, with several stops and starts through the year.  This year I really do intend to do something about it, because I am getting older etc. etc. etc.

I made only one resolution, which was:
  • To not make any this year and see how it goes
I am quite pleased with that one, and really feel motivated and positive that I will be able to maintain it through the year.

Otherwise, I am now caught up in that painful but necessary activity of getting used to normal working life again, so can expect a few shin splints and hissy fits along the way.

I hope your New Year has started as positively as mine.



No comments: