View My Stats

Tuesday 24 January 2012

What is there to say about Tuesday

I used to have a set of seven pairs of socks, each with a day of the week on them. Now, at the point of purchase, these seemed like genius, a guarantee that I would know which socks to wear each day, but as time went by, I realised the folly. Monday got paired with Wednesday, one of Thursday was lost forever and don't even get me started on Friday.

So it may well become with putting the day of the week in the title.

There are, after all, only so many ways to mention Tuesday. Even with the power of Uncle Google and a lateral mind, the number of ways to use the word Tuesday are surely finite. For the record, there are exactly 138 million* records returned to the query "witty comments with Tuesday in the title"

I did stumble across some quotes, some of which you may find funny, albeit that none of them include the word "Tuesday"**, many of which seem to be relevant for much of my working day so for your Tuesday delight, here they are (and "who said them" details included for Golfy, who has a very inquisitive mind):

  • A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized. ~Fred Allen
  • A compromise is an agreement whereby both parties get what neither of them wanted. ~Author Unknown
  • A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. ~Attributed to Arthur McBride Bloch
  • A gentleman is a man who can play the accordion but doesn't. ~Author Unknown
  • All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific. ~Jane Wagner, The Search For Intelligent Life In The Universe, performed by Lily Tomlin 
  • The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes 
  • Today is the last day of some of your life. ~Author Unknown
  • Without geography, you're nowhere. ~Author Unknown 
  • The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. ~Author Unknown 
  • A scout troop consists of twelve little kids dressed like schmucks following a big schmuck dressed like a kid. ~Jack Benny 
  • All my life I've wanted, just once, to say something clever without losing my train of thought. ~Robert Brault 
  • Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen. ~Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless 

---------------------------------------
* I am guessing the search bot got bored after that and gave up
** Are you with me in thinking that the search bot may just be making it up?

No comments: