View My Stats

Friday 3 February 2012

And . . . relax

Today sees me sitting at the breakfast bar, just finishing my tea, and thinking that I had better start rounding up the Maggots for the obligatory teeth-shoes-coat-bag routine.  The Today programme from Radio 4 is on the Roberts, there is the delicious* swoosh of the dishwasher doing the only thing it knows how, and all is right with the world.

However, a quick peek out the window shows a pretty keen frost visited last night, and the weather report tells me that there are places in the UK that have snow, but likely they are places that do not yet have electricity so won't need to be burdened with downed power lines or other such inconveniences.

Gotta dash, will be back to finish this off later.



Back from school and I have to say it was very cold; clear, crisp, dry, but very cold.  The Maggots were pretty happy to be going off to school, probably because it is Friday.  I stayed for Maggot 1's weekly parent assembly, a modest affair in their classroom where we get to see their week's efforts.  This week it was all about rhyming words, so I now know that "pig" rhymes with "dig".

Back at home, I have my wall of calls for a Friday, bearable only by the imbibing of caffeine and THE FACT THAT IT IS FRIDAY.

We are off to see Brad, Angelina and family this weekend, which is always fun, and we will be able to get an update on how their conversion to vegetarianism is going.  Apologies to Brad for repeating the joke, but it must be so they can get a body like mine.  Anyway, I am anticipating a cherry sponge cake and tea awaiting me on arrival, a cake so good that even the Dalai Lama has asked for the recipe.  Yum yum, good for the tum.  Actually, not so good, but a chap has to have his vices...

I hope you have a great weekend, speak next week.

---------------------------
* As you know, we have just replaced our dishwasher, and have gone for cheap, so this is a bit of Friday irony, in case you missed it

No comments: