View My Stats

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Who moved my cheese grater?

The plan today was to get in to the office early, the third day in a row in the office, which is a new Personal Best.  Then LO dropped on me a late request to do the school run as she has to be in by seven.  That would be OK, bit late in, but not a show-stopper.

Unfortunately, in the night, Maggot 2 had one of his all to regular bouts of illness; this one being the usual slight croup, temperature, glands up, headache and sore throat.  We have had several hospital appointments to try and work out what, if anything, is wrong with the little darling, and so far the only thing is low iron.  There was a suggestion of maybe tonsils, however the truth is that until we have had four months of iron supplement, so that his iron levels are back to normal, I don't think we are going to get very far in looking for other new reasons.  So, every night, you will see LO or Scobi poised, syringe of brown goo in hand, trying to coax Maggot 2 to "take his medicine".  This little charade has turned in to a major nightly performance, and can take minutes of frustrated waiting until he finally takes it.  We have tried gentle coercion, force, threats and everything in between, but we have concluded that the only method that works is to wave it around, not too near, for a couple of minutes, getting slowly more and more angry, until he finally takes it, at which point he takes a massive drink of water before eating his pudding.  We say "there, not so bad" and he says "uuggghhh, disguuuuuuuusting" before we all take our lives off hold and get on with something more interesting.  Like washing up.

Oh, and the title?  I know you don't expect much in the Title-relating-to-the-blog department, but if you care enough, and have remembered, then you may be wondering what the title does have to do with the content.  The truth is, I was going to put in "Midweek Update" but found I had used that one before, so instead I simply picked a phrase.  I know "who moved my cheese" is a favourite of Golfy's, and I thought adding "grater" on to the end would make it very funny, and if I could only remember why, I would tell you.

No comments: