View My Stats

Friday 13 April 2012

And . . . relax

I know it has been a while, and from my bulging post bag I know you have all been missing me.  I like to live by the adage "don't let a good story get in the way of the truth".

Due to silly stuff at work, the usual pile up of pleasures and personal invitations, I am going to be brief today.

I very much approve of a two-day week, and maybe two days on and five days off is something I can suggest at our next "bring us your wonderful ideas" days.  This weekend we are at a wedding anniversary on Saturday, starting and ending early so it is child-friendly, for friends who live round the corner.  Sunday may be lunch at David and Samantha's, depending on their general preparedness for the Monday start of the Summer term.  This may well be a "kitchen supper", something most of us had not heard of until fairly recently.  To be honest, as a major donor to David's Euro Lottery Investment Fund business opportunity, a kitchen supper is the least of it.  A few double-digit wins wouldn't go amiss either.  And if we go to lunch with them, we may avoid the usual Sunday afternoon Monopoly marathon, a game which involves a lot of dodgy dealing and ending with world domination by me.

Other than that, I hope to have a fairly quiet and family-friendly weekend.  Until we can sort the insurance claim for the accidental damage to the shower door and shower tray, my main DIY task needs to go on hold, and all the other bits are tiddlers for which an hour will probably suffice.

No comments: