View My Stats

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Wot, no blog?

They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder, and if that is the case, then it is probably just as well Starfleet is a remote-working company, because all that man-love can upset a chap's constitution.

The reason, I am sad to say, is due to illness.  Today is day four of sickness, and I am now on antibiotics for a chest infection.  This is an illness that almost feels better if I do nothing, but as soon as I raise a finger, to ring the butler bell for example, then I break out in a sweat and need to "sit down for a while".  Also, all this sweating is doing terrible things to the crease in my plus-fours.

Normal service will be resumed after Easter.  I am hopefully off 'vannin' for 5 nights - here's hoping those drugs do their thing and I get the usual health improvement in day three or four - and then it will be back to work to a terrible mess.  That is not to say my cover is not capable of doing good things, but rather the team is depleted over the holiday period and so the backlog will grow.  Ho hum, that seems a long way off right now, and we all know the truth, or lack of, in that statement.

Have a good break and speak after Easter.

No comments: